Ginger Roasted Chicken with an Asian Slaw
2 hrs 45mins
¾ Cup Per Serving
- - For the Chicken
- ⅛ teaspoon Chinese five-spice salt-free
- ½ teaspoon Thai or Oriental salt-free seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper salt-free seasoning
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- ¾ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ¼ tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 8oz. skinless chicken breast, cut in half
- - For the Asian Slaw
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 large Red Delicious Apples
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 large spring onions or scallions
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt-free oriental seasoning
- 2 cup, shredded cabbage, red
- 2 cup, shredded cabbage, green
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice wine vinegar
2 hrs 45mins
- Mix Chinese five spice, Thai or oriental seasoning, lemon pepper, ginger, garlic and rice vinegar into a paste.
- Place chicken breasts in an oil baking dish.
- Spread the ginger, garlic and spice paste over the top of the chicken breasts and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until the chicken is cooked completely without becoming dry.
- Drizzle sesame oil over top of chicken before serving.
Slaw and Dressing
- Mix dry mustard, 2 grams (about 1 tsp) oriental seasoning, lemon juice, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, honey, vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, and dijon mustard together.
- Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds to warm dressing.
- Mix cabbage, apples (cored and diced), and green onions (sliced) in a bowl.
- Pour warm dressing over the cabbage mixture, toss to coat with dressing, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- To serve chicken, place on top of salad.
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrates 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 22 g
- Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Sodium 113.6 mg
- Potassium 369.1 mg
- Calcium 46.3 mg
- Phosphorus 172.9 mg