Italian Phyllo Cups
- ½ cup whole almonds
- 8 oz. Tofu, firm
- 1½ teaspoons chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon grilling spice, salt-free
- 2 drops Tabasco
- 1¼ teaspoon vegetable base
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 sheets of phyllo dough
- - Olive oil, (sprayed between the sheets)
- Blanch the almonds in water, simmering for 15 minutes.
- Drain the almonds and chop in food processor.
- Add the rest of ingredients, except phyllo dough & oil, and mix into a smooth consistency.
- Take 1 sheet of phyllo dough, spray with oil, add a second sheet and spray with oil, until you have 4 layers.
- Cut the dough into 6 squares; place each square into a muffin cup.
- After filling 12 muffin cups, spoon the almond-tofu mixture into each phyllo cup.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400 F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the phyllo is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and serve.
- Calories 94
- Carbohydrates 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g
- Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Sodium 70.1 mg
- Potassium 97.7 mg
- Calcium 75 mg
- Phosphorus 70.2 mg