Nutrition and Transplant
Learn the basics!
After a kidney transplant, your diet will still be an important part of maintaining your overall health. If you were on dialysis before, you may find that this diet is easier to follow than the one you followed when you were on dialysis. With a successful kidney transplant your body will be able to keep a healthy balance the potassium and phosphorus in your body. However, your diet may be affected by the medicine you need to prevent rejection of your transplant. It will be important to eat a healthy, balanced diet and exercise regularly to keep you feeling great and your kidney transplant working well. Be sure to talk with your healthcare practitioner or dietitian about your individual diet needs. Here's some additional information on diet and nutrition after a kidney transplant:
- Foods to Avoid After Transplant
- DASH Diet
- Metabolic Syndrome after Kidney Transplant – Are you at risk?
- Sodium and Your CKD Diet: How to Spice Up Your Cooking
- Carbohydrate Counting with Chronic Kidney Disease
- Cholesterol and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Herbal Supplements in Kidney Disease
- Vitamins and Minerals in Kidney Disease
- Good Nutrition: What You Should Know
- Food Labels
- Spice Up Your Diet
- Food Safety is a Must!